In this week’s episode, we discuss the historical and scientific inaccuracies that are constantly being nitpicked around Oscar season. Films such as Selma, Zero Dark Thirty, Gravity, Interstellar, and Everest have to go through the grinder to see if they past the “accuracy test” and most of the time it has a direct effect on their awards campaigns. We also look at new trailers for The Revenant, Hitchcock/Truffaut, A Bigger Splash, and the proposed remake of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.[powerpress]
- The Revenant trailer shows Leonardo DiCaprio fighting a bear
- One of cinema’s greatest interviews is discussed in Hitchcock/Truffaut trailer
- Tilda Swinton and Ralph Fiennes reunite in first trailer for A Bigger Splash
- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance getting a remake treatment
- For Face-Based Films, is Scrupulous Accuracy the Ultimate Goal?
- By Kristopher Tapley, Variety
WTF story of the week