On this week’s episode, Brian and Zach invite The AV Club’s Mike D’Angelo to talk about his recent article, “What I learned from watching the first 10 minutes of 500 movies.” They discuss whether that became a learning experience for screenwriters, what made him decide to watch the beginning of so many movies, and what his final takeaway was after three years of doing it. They also look at top stories such as the new trailer for Zoolander 2, the team getting back together for the next Mission: Impossible, and John Malkovich’s 100 year project.
- First trailer for Zoolander 2
- First trailer for SXSW entry, Midnight Special
- Richard Linklater’s Everybody Wants Some to open 2016 SXSW festival
- Christopher McQuarrie back for M:I 6, Rebecca Ferguson may follow
- Edgar Wright to write, direct a Dreamworks animated film about shadows
- Christopher Nolan’s Memento getting the remake treatment
WTF of the Week