The jewelry industry is a glittering market that’s expected to grow at a rate of five percent per year through 2020, according to recent data cited by Bloomberg Intelligence. In particular, the U.S. market is fragmented with 50 of the largest companies getting the huge bulk of the market share.
Brick-and-mortar jewelry stores also face competition from department stores, warehouse clubs, mass merchants, home shopping TV channels, online retailers, and auction sites.
Online jewelry sales account for only four to five percent of the market today since most customers prefer to buy expensive merchandise at the brick-and-mortar stores. When it comes to fashion jewelry or the more affordable types of jewelry, online sales are higher. Many luxury shoppers also claim to make online research first before making their in-store purchase.
Check out our list below of the most trusted online stores for jewelry shopping.
List of Online Jewelry Stores
1. Amazon.com: Did you know that you can buy a ring for more than $50,000 on Amazon? Even crazier is you can buy a necklace costing more than $60K. Want earrings, you can drop over $40K on a pair there as well. Or have some fun and buy a tiara.
What’s the point?
My point is that Amazon has some pretty high-end jewelry along with a huge selection of lower-priced options. Their offerings include:
- Wedding rings,
- Rings generally (all carat sizes),
- Earrings, and
Browse and purchase jewelry at Amazon here.
2. Zales: Since 1924, Zales has been one of America’s premier diamond jewelry stores. Beautiful bridal and engagement rings featuring diamonds with round, emerald or princess shapes can make special occasions grander. Customized pieces can be created as well. Conflict-free practices are used to harvest all diamonds.
3. Jared: Everything from standard and engagement rings to bracelets and necklaces can be found at Jared. Necklaces featuring cross, heart and animal pendants are also available. Personalized jewelry that features a person’s name or birthstones can be created for anyone who wants something more unique.
4. Helzberg Diamonds: Helzberg Diamonds is one of the other leading online jewelry stores that sells stunning engagement and wedding rings. There are also plenty of diamond earrings and gemstone jewelry in the store’s collection. Men’s and women’s watches come in casual, dress, fashion and sports styles and have all the features that are needed to tell the time accurately.
5. Kay Jewelers: All the right jewelry pieces to give as gifts or add to personal collections can be found at Kay Jewelers. Bangle, chain, and anklets can help enhance any woman’s personal fashion. Chain and diamond necklaces can add more dazzle to both formal and casual outfits. Bead and dangle charms with Disney, family, and animal themes are also available.
6. Gordon’s Jewelers: Brilliant diamond and gemstone earrings and rings are available and come in many different shapes and styles. White and rose gold 10K rings can make anyone feel more appreciated. Founded in 1905, Gordon’s Jewelers has continued to raise the standards in the industry. Many store items can be ordered for less than $100.
7. Tiffany & Co.: Customers have been shopping with Tiffany & Co. for all the right jewelry pieces since 1837. Signature pieces are carefully crafted and made with some of the finest precious materials. Classic necklaces and wedding bands along with pearl and men’s jewelry are just some of the items that can be ordered. Featured collections include Tiffany T, Tiffany 1837 and Return to Tiffany. Tiffany & Co. also sells fragrances and luxury home accessories.
8. Fred Meyer Jewelers: Long known for its high-quality department stores, the Fred Meyer and Kroger brand has expanded to include selling some of the finest jewelry on the market. Engagement, promise and solitaire rings come in different prices ranges to suit everyone’s budgets. Hoop, stud and pearl earrings can be worn with a variety of outfits.
9. Reeds Jewelers: Jewelry galore for all occasions can be found at Reeds Jewelers. Many of the featured items come from acclaimed designers such as Swarovski, Roberto Coin, and PANDORA. Personalized bracelets, drop earrings and stackable rings can help complete any jewelry collection. Luxurious Rolex watches are also for sale.
10. Romwe: Affordable women’s jewelry is available from Romwe. Founded in 2010, Romwe has quickly risen to become a leading online jewelry store that also sells women’s and men’s clothing along with other fashion accessories. Select jewelry pieces include pendant necklaces, layered beaded necklaces, and gold-plated embellished ring sets.
11. The Jewelry Exchange: This online store makes it easy to create personalized jewelry pieces with all the right touches. Many of the 14K gold infinity rings, necklaces, and pendants for sale feature beautiful diamonds for some extra sparkle. Loose and colored diamonds that are cut to perfection can also be ordered in shapes like oval, marquise, and heart.
12. Blue Nile: More diamond jewelry can be found at this online retailer. Jewelry can feature clear diamonds as well as green, orange and pink diamonds. These diamonds help make the rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings for sale even more appealing to the eye. In addition to jewelry from Blue Nile’s Blue Nile Studio brand, shoppers can choose pieces from brands like Monique Lhuillier, Monica Rich Kosann and Truly Zac Posen.
13. Brilliant Earth: Brilliant Earth prides itself on offering conflict-free diamond jewelry and maintaining an ethical standard in its business practices. Precious recycled materials are used to craft beautiful jewelry pieces that look as good as new. Sparkling diamond and radiant sapphire rings are among the most popular selections. Other pieces for sale include earrings, necklaces, and bracelets.
14. BlueStone: Since 2011, BlueStone has been offering exquisite jewelry pieces from India. More than 5,000 unique designs make up the store’s selection. Chandbali and stud earrings, as well as solitaire rings, diamond necklaces, and plain gold bangle bracelets, are great for accessorizing looks to the fullest. Alphabet, religious and heart-shaped pendants can also be found. Even diamond and gemstone nose ring along with men’s and kids’ jewelry can be ordered.
15. Avianne Jewelers: Founded in 1999, this store is known for being the largest single jewelry store in New York City’s Diamond District and has expanded its operations to include online sales. Online shoppers can order pieces like white solid gold men’s and women’s bracelets and solid gold Cuban chains. Avianne Jewelers also carries an extensive selection of hip hop jewelry. Frequent new arrivals give shoppers more choices.
16. Jewelry Point: Colored diamond jewelry is available for anyone who wants to add some color to their jewelry collection. Black, blue and brown diamonds can up any outfit’s pizzazz factor. White and color diamond wedding bands can make ceremonies more memorable. Gemstone earrings are perfect for making a good impression. Aquamarine, morganite and tanzanite gemstone rings are other options.
17. Ross-Simons: Ross-Simons has been featuring great prices on fabulous jewelry since 1952. Popular pieces include gold and silver necklaces, earrings and bracelets. Pearl necklaces range in length from 16 to 20 inches. Omega, TAG Heuer and Saint James watches are both practical and stylish. Seasonal jewelry for holidays is also for sale. Daily deals and clearance items offer additional savings.
18. Brighton: Brighton is the go-to source for beautiful women’s fashion jewelry. The Meridian, Halo and Contempo collections feature options like lever back earrings, petite band rings, and convertible necklaces. Heart and love links anklets work well with different types of footwear. Charms, beads and amulet sets are great for showing off personal fashion.
19. James Allen: Engagement rings can be designed with personal touches to make popping the big question a more joyous affair. Round, princess and cushion cut diamond rings are just some of the cut options that are available. Men’s and women’s wedding ring styles include classic, eternity and stackable. James Allen also sells rings that are ideal for anniversaries. Other fine jewelry options include diamond and gemstone earrings and bracelets.
20. Charu Jewels: Direct from India, Charu Jewels features stunning jewelry options for both women and men. Rings, pendants, and bracelets made with gold and diamonds create an aura of sophistication while wearing them. Many studs, hoop and drop earrings are available at low prices and are still excellent in quality.
21. ItsHot: Jewelry for women, men and kids can be found at ItsHot. Most pieces are made in New York City and designed to rival the quality of jewelry from other acclaimed sellers. Platinum rings that are designed to sparkle can help anyone get more attention for the right reasons. Rolex, Cartier and Gucci watches provide some additional luxury.
22. Littman Jewelers: Top-of-the-line jewelry at bargain prices is what has made Littman Jewelers one of the best in the business. Black and white and blue and white diamond promise rings can solidify special bonds. Diamond and oval heart necklaces also make fantastic keepsakes. Many of the items for sale are terrific gifts for occasions such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and graduations.
23. Macy’s: In addition to being one of the country’s largest retailers for fashions, Macy’s offers eye-catching jewelry that can help complete all wardrobe styles. Elise May and Alex Woo delicate diamond jewelry can serve as the centerpiece for any look. Affordable engagement and wedding rings can be fitted with diamonds of different cuts and sizes. Gold rope chain necklaces are glamorous enough to wear for formal occasions while still being casual enough for a day out with friends.
24. Rosegal: Rosegal specializes in selling one-of-a-kind jewelry that’s designed to get noticed. Jewelry sets include pendant necklaces and earrings. Faux pearl and rhinestone double-layered body long chains can enhance personal fashion choices. Handcrafted bracelets and vintage stainless steel necklaces are perfect for men. Seasonal pieces for Christmas, Halloween and other major holidays are additionally for sale.
25. Olive + Piper: Any woman who is looking for classic or on-trend jewelry can find what she needs at Olive + Piper. Pieces are designed to look expensive while being surprisingly affordable in reality. Women can enhance their looks by wearing tassel earrings, statement necklaces, and pearl halo bracelets. Francesca bracelet sets and charm pendant duos come in beautiful colors.
26. JCPenney: While browsing through JCPenney’s site for clothes and fashion accessories, shoppers can also check out all the great jewelry that’s for sale. Fine and fashion earrings and necklaces coincide well with different outfit styles. Celtic dragon and tungsten wedding bands for men along with 10K gold wedding bands for women can help make marriage vows completely.
27. Harry Winston: Harry Winston is a jeweler to the stars creating extremely expensive jewelry for celebrities and wealthy people. When you visit the site, you don’t just dump jewelry in a cart and buy. Instead, you schedule an appointment, which doesn’t really make an online jewelry store, but I just had to include them because you can get the ball rolling with your $100K+ purchase.