Online shoe stores are kicking and outpacing shoe retailers at a rapid rate. In 2016, traditional retailers make up 30,917 industry establishments that raked up a revenue of $35.4 billion and a growth rate of 3.5 percent. On the other hand, there were only 2,604 established online retailers for that same year, but they amassed $12.0 billion and a growth rate of 15.2 percent.
Online shoe stores have become more accessible and convenient for shoppers. Shoppers have also found that it’s easier to purchase shoes online than clothes because of shoe size uniformity. A shopping habit called showrooming means consumers check out the merchandise at a physical store only to buy them online.
List of Online Shoe Stores
1. Famous Footwear: An affordable and stylish store that offers men and women a variety of shoe options to purchase online. There is almost always a deal going on, such as currently there is a 15% off your entire purchase deal to celebrate summer. For women, there are tons of casual shoes, dress shoes, boots, athletic shoes, slippers, and even work & service shoes, ranging from $20 to $70.
For men, there are just as many options, such as casual shoes, dress shoes, boots, and athletic shoes, ranging from $20 up to $80. Not only are men and women shoes available on the Famous Footwear online store, but they also have shoes for girls and boys. In addition to their regular priced items, there are many sale and clearance items to browse through on the website, which offer superb deals to customers. Famous Footwear is a casual and fancy shoe store that offers footwear at a reasonable price.
2. Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW): This is a great place to shop when you want designer shoes for less. With new arrivals every day, DSW is the place to buy brand name shoes for half the price, such as Jessica Simpson sandals, Vans sneakers, Sanuk sandals, and Steve Madden slip-on. For women, they have an abundance of options ranging from the $25 to $80 range. For men, they have similar pricing.
What is great about this online shoe store is that they show the price comparison next to their price. For example, if you see a funky pair of Steve Madden sandals for $50, they show the price comparison at another store of $100.00. Customers can see that they are getting a better deal which is an incentive to shop at DSW. If you are watching your pocketbook, browse the clearance section on their website for some killer finds.
3. Zappos: In addition to clothes and other accessories, Zappos sells amazing shoes at a good price. You can even join their rewards program to earn points on every order you make and get expedited shipping. They sell Vans, Birkenstocks, Converse, Tommy Bahama, and Steve Madden, to name a few. There are filter options on the website where you can adjust the price of the shoes you are looking for, such as $50 and under up to $200.00 and over!
The extensive variety on the Zappos website makes shopping easy and enjoyable because there is something for everyone – mom, dad, brother, and sister. The user-friendly website allows shoppers to find what they are looking for, but if they are unable to, they can click the customer service link on the site and instantly receive help. Zappos is a great place to find amazing shoes.
4. Payless: With great deals, such as their current 50% clearance sale, Payless Shoes is a great online place to shop. With sandals, loafers, heels, and sneakers for men and women, the options are endless. Payless offers free shipping with orders over $25 and easy, hassle-free, free returns if you are unhappy with your order. Payless offers the option to customers of even paying in cash on the website. Whether you need shoes for a wedding or a night on the town, this company will wow you with their selection. For example, women can find stylish hidden wedge heels for $34.99, and men can find comfy Oxford loafers for $29.99.
5. Overstock: Overstock not only sells affordable shoes, but they also sell household items and clothing. Their shoes are reasonably priced and can be shipped worldwide. The brands you can find on Overstock are Adidas, Skechers, Nike, Propet, Converse, K-Swiss, and Under Armour, to name a few. Prices are comparable to other affordable online shoe stores and range from $30 to $100+ if you wish. If you sign up to their website, you will be greeted with a 15% off your next order coupon! And, shipping is free on orders over $59.
6. Zulily: The website offers daily deals up to %70 off and a free sign up to new customers. You have to sign in in order to browse their website, but once you do, you will be greeted by amazing shoe sales and an extensive variety of sandals, boots, sneakers, and so much more. Since they have different categories, things change quite frequently, so it is best to keep browsing daily if you are looking for a specific type of shoe. The only downside of this company is they offer store credit for returns only. However, the shoes you will find on this website are very inexpensive and are designer brands.
7. Haute Look: This online shoe store is a division of Nordstroms, and they offer great deals on shoes. They have member-only shopping, but once you create an account, you can find shoes up to 70% off, as well as other items like clothing and home goods. Haute Look offers free shipping on orders of $100 and over, and it is easy to spend that much once you start browsing there many pages of amazing shoes. Beside their ticket price, they show shoppers how much cheaper they are getting the shoes for on their website. For example, a pair of $34.79 Keds is going for $55.00 in other places. Haute Look carries men and women brands such as Charles David, Tommy Hilfiger, Nine West, Keds, Clarks, and even Tommy Bahama, all for cheap prices!
8. Mephisto: Mephisto has an official online shop that offers the widest selection of shoes in the world, as they like to claim. They offer their own brand, Mephisto, but the quality of their shoes is worth the price, which is actually quite reasonable for premium shoes. Men and women can buy shoes in the $100-$300 range and can shop the sale section for less pricey shoes up to 50% off. If you are looking for good quality shoes that are long-lasting, check out Mephisto online for some options, whether you want sandals, sneakers, heels, or slip-ons.
9. Rockport: This online shoe store is currently having a sale of 2 Pairs for $129 plus free shipping. Now is the perfect time to find heels, loafers, slip-ons, and sandals for under $150. They carry brands such as truStride, Total Motion, Jaxson, and Essential Details II. The styles they offer are endless and there is something for everyone on this website. Rockport even has a link to their online outlet store, where shoppers can sign up to receive 15% off their order plus free shipping. On the website, users can select to make their account in the USA, Canada, and Korea.
10. Macy’s: While not always the most reasonable, Macy’s is always the most fashionable when it comes to the latest footwear. They now ship to Canada and are offering shoppers an extra 20% using the code FOURTH. They have flip flops, sneakers, loafers, athletic trainers, and numerous extended sizes to choose from. Additionally, they offer men and women’s high-end brands such as Coach, Calvin Klein, DKNY, Katy Perry, Patricia Nash, and Michael Kors for costs anywhere from $30-$150. So, whether you need some heels for a best friend’s wedding or some loafers for an interview, you can find them online at Macy’s. If your order is $49+ you qualify for free shipping, as well.