Following a rushed shooting schedule to avoid turning over the rights to Marvel, and now a nasty tweet dismissing the film from its own director Josh Trank, a reboot of Fantastic Four was released this weekend, and surprise, it’s rough. This week we welcome CutPrintFilm’s Chris Evangelista to talk the trend of indie directors taking on massive franchises, and whether the scorn heaped on Trank is in anyway deserving. We also talk new trailers, new projects by the Coen Brothers and Greta Gerwig, and take a blast to the past for our WTF of the Week.
- See the first trailers for the upcoming adaptation of Deadpool
- By the Sea, with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, gets its first trailer
- The next Coen Brothers movie will be an adaptation of the crime novel Black Money
- Greta Gerwig to make directorial debut with Lady Bird
- Lost Jerry Lewis film, The Day the Clown Cried, set for release following 10-year wait
- Let’s Cut Josh Trank Some Slack – by guest Chris Evangelista
- Why did Fantastic Four director Josh Trank slam his own movie?