It seems like just about every movie coming out nowadays is either a reboot or remake of a classic film. With a slate of summer movies that includes this week’s Mad Max: Fury Road, Jurassic World, Terminator Genisys, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, it seems every more likely that Hollywood won’t stop digging into a pot that has already been dug. We discuss whether this trend is good or bad, and what could maybe happen to improve it.
Plus, our WTF story of the week involving Reese Witherspoon’s shoe from Wild being found and Australia threatening to kill Johnny Depp’s dogs. We also breakdown top stories including: Macbeth‘s first teaser from Cannes, the first trailer for Del Toro’s Crimson Peak, and the upcoming projects for Natalie Portman and Anne Hathaway.
- Latest trailer for Crimson Peak highlights Del Toro’s visual and horror styles
- Watch the trailer for experimental Cannes smash The Tribe
- Cannes 2015: Michael Fassbender shows ferocity in first teaser for Macbeth
- X-Men spinoff The New Mutants taps Fault in Our Stars director Josh Boone
- Luc Besson joins Twitter, announces his return to sci-fi Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl director bags Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara for next film
- Natalie Portman to be the First Lady in upcoming biopic on Jackie Kennedy
- New Projects: Anne Hathaway to star opposite a giant lizard; Plus: Reese Witherspoon, Pablo Escobar, and Alicia Vikander
Main Story: Hollywood trend of reboots and remakes with their blockbusters
WTF of the Week: