Real comedy still happens on late night, we can prove it. If you like Conan comedy gold, Fallon friendliness, cutesy Corden, list-making Letterman, kneedy Kimmel, and all the rest, I hope you’ll enjoy this column too.
Last night on late night, Tom Hanks and Dave talked dodging drones with Ron Howard, a “sex mathematician” explained hormones to Conan, Hugh Jackman and Nick Offerman were on The Tonight Show, Mariah Carey went on Kimmel, and The Men in Blazers broke down Premier League relegation battle drama.
Late Show with David Letterman
- Legendary actor and talk show guest Tom Hanks.
- Hanks is adept with the selfie stick. Like, actually.
- Hanks talks about being attacked by fake drones and having to act based on directorial yells in Inferno.
- The Late Show crew does a list of stuff they’ll miss from the show.
- Dave’s monologue on his retirement, Joe Biden, Marco Rubio, and more.
- Sexism speaker hired to talk to Texas politicians gives sexist speech. Let’s see what happens next.
- What ad did Don think of again?
- Betty White is given a surprise birthday flash mob .
- “Sex mathematician” Clio Cresswell shows equations that supposedly detail male and female hormonal behavior.
- It all sounds a bit wonky, but its funny.
- Conan has lots of fun with his pointer.
- It would’ve been nice to have more detailed discussion of what exactly Clio’s equations show, but hey, its late night.
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Jimmy thanks Letterman and recounts some old stories of Late Night.
- Hugh Jackman teaches Jimmy how to eat Vegemite. It doesn’t look bad with butter.
- Nick Offerman’s new book “Gumption” is a book about inspirational people, everyone from George Washington to Carol Burnett.
- Password game with Hugh Jackman, Nick Offerman, and Susan Sarandon.
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Alexandra Daddario is on the show to promote San Andreas.
- Mariah talks about her new music show in Vegas, diva-ness, and more.
- This may be a bit twisted, considering the content of the episode, but here’s Jimmy’s “Aunt Chippy” and Yehya watching Game of Thrones’ “Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken”.
Late Night with Seth Meyers
- Law & Order: SVU‘s Mariska Hargitay met her biggest fan, Taylor Swift.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s Chelsea Peretti tried to meet Rihanna, and is really excited for San Andreas.
The Late Late Show with James Corden
- James Corden has Skin Wars painted models hide in the studio. Pretty neat stuff.
The Men in Blazers
- Explosia! Rog and Davo talk relegation battles.
- Fastest ever Premier League hat-trick.
- Marcus Mumford and Winston Marshall from Mumford & Sons talk the Premier League, and get into an argument when Winston Marshall insults Mumford’s beloved Wimbledon FC.