Anneliese Judge has been an actress for a short time but many people have taken notice lately because of her recurring breakthrough role on the hit Netflix series, “Sweet Magnolias,” and her name is becoming a household name. Even though Anneliese Judge is a rising star, some people misspell her first name as Annaliese Judge instead of Anneliese Judge.
How well do you know American actress Anneliese Judge? To get to know her better, we are providing you with a detailed list of 25 things you didn’t know about Anneliese Judge. Check it out below.
1. Anneliese Judge was born on Dec. 17, 2001, so her birthday is very close to Christmas.
That currently puts Anneliese Judge’s age at 19 years old. Her father’s name is Mike and she was born in Pinehurst, North Carolina.
2. She is 5 feet, 5 inches tall.
Anneliese’s physical traits include her long, brown hair, slim figure, and gorgeous looks. She is of caucasian ethnicity and her middle name is Carolynn.
3. After graduating from high school, she attended the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and states on her LinkedIn page: August 18 I started my freshman year here at UNCG with the intended major of International Business and Marketing.
I hope to expand my horizons and learn more about the film industry through business and communications studies.
4. Some of Anneliese’s hobbies include reading, photography, learning, traveling, and internet surfing.
She also loves interacting with fans on social media.
5. Before becoming an actress, she did some modeling and was represented by In-Studio.
She also took acting lessons through the studio.
6. Her acting teacher was Drew Matthews and she knew when she met him the acting would be her main career path.
She has been quoted as saying that he is the most charismatic and energetic acting instructor in that he still teaches her today and inspires her.
7. Hosted actress Anneliese Judge has two actresses that she looks up to which include Jennifer Aniston from the hit TV show, “Friends,” and Sandra Oh in her biography.
She is a huge fan of both actresses because she loves that they are successful yet remain humble and are very amazing in a variety of different ways, from their ambition to their style to the way they live their lives.
8. She treasures being present at the moment and likes to keep things going the way she wants them to go.
She has said that it is important to focus on the here and now more than the past or the future.
9. Her friends, and some fans, call her Annie for short.
10. When she was cast as a series regular in Netflix’s Sweet Magnolias it was the big break she had been hoping and working hard to obtain through the audition process.
11. Anneliese Judge had been on other TV shows before Sweet Magnolias, including Theo.
12. She starred in the role of Jessica Waters in “Where’s Rose”, a social horror movie with lead actor Ty Simpkins.
She received second billing for the film.
13. Sweet Magnolias’ Anneliese Judge has not let fame spoil her as she states she is still a Southern girl at heart.
She is true to her North Carolina roots and very proud of the way her family raised as well as her home state.
14. She had to finish her senior year online due to the COVID-19 pandemic which was not the way she wanted her high school career to end.
15. She routinely practices mindfulness and understands that this makes her life better because it allows her to be herself, more aware of her body and its needs, and be more observant of others and the world around her.
16. Sweet Magnolias was developed by Sheryl J. Anderson as a streaming television Netflix series that is based on the Sweet Magnolias novels that were written by author Sherryl Woods.
There are eleven books in the series and they have been a huge hit with readers as the series has been with viewers.
17. Sweet Magnolias gave Anneliese Judge her first major acting debut and has propelled her to star status.
18. She plays the small-town girl character of Annie Sullivan on the show, Sweet Magnolias, and feels she has a lot in common with her character since they are living some of the same ideals and she was also a small-town girl while growing up.
She has a great love for her role of Annie on the show as well as for her co-stars, including JoAnna Garcia Swisher who plays Maddie Townsend, and Chris Klein who plays Maddie’s husband, Bill Townsend. The couple has three sons on the show and one of them, Kyle Townsend, has a crush on Anneliese’s character, Annie. The role of Kyle Townsend is played by Logan Allen.
19. Anneliese’s character, Annie, ends up having a crush on Kyle Townsend’s older brother, Tyler, played by Carson Rowland.
Jamie Lynn Spears, sister to the queen of pop Britney Spears, also stars on the hit series as Noreen Fitzgibbons. The former Nickelodeon star’s character is pregnant by Chris Klein’s character, Maddie Townsend’s husband, as they had an affair, leading to a divorce between Maddie and Bill Townsend. Bill is a doctor at Serenity Family Physicians where he met Spears’ character who is a medical assistant at the same office.
20. Brooke Elliott plays the role of chef Dana Sue Sullivan, the mom of Annie Sullivan.
They display a strong mother-daughter portrayal on the hit series much like the strong relationship she has with her own mom.
21. Helen Decatur, played by Heather Headley, along with Maddie Townsend and Dana Sue Sullivan, make up the friend group called Sweet Magnolias, hence the name of the Netflix series as well as the series of novels.
22. The show, Sweet Magnolias, was picked up for a second season in March of 2020 and filming began last summer, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
23. The show is fun to watch and full of drama yet wholesome enough for families to watch it together. Anneliese is very excited to be part of such an amazing series.
24. The Sweet Magnolias hit series is produced by the executive producer, along with showrunner Sheryl Anderson, Dan Paulson of Daniel L. Paulson Production, who has produced several other television shows.
The show, like the books, is set in the small southern town of Serenity, South Carolina, and centers around three women who have been best friends since they were kids as they navigate through their lives. Filming for the series actually takes place in Covington, Georgia. Anneliese has said that the fictional town of Serenity, South Carolina, reminds her a lot of her hometown of Pinehurst, North Carolina.
25. Her favorite guilty pressure is to watch a different series on Netflix.
She likes and enjoys the series, Gossip Girl. One of her favorite people, besides her parents, to talk with is her grandmother. She once created a tweet on Twitter that said her grandmother would call her every single time she saw anything that was about her new show, Sweet Magnolias, or anything that was about her famous granddaughter. She had said, “I’m in tears, I love my sweet grandma.”